Hosting Plan Features
- Shared Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- Green Hosting
GreenGeeks is a perfect way to help the environment while getting hosting.
They have quite a few green initiatives including 300% Wind Power, carbon neutral, energy efficient infrastructure.
Other Benefits are:
- Prices as low as $4.95/month
- Responsive Tech Support
- Custom WordPress Help center
It you are interested in Green Hosing, GreenGeeks may be the way to go. http://www.greengeeks.com
GreenGeeks was started by Trey Gardner in 2006. Based in Chicago, Illinois, it offers web hosting solutions with the help of 100% renewable, wind power. This environment friendly company also provides feature rich hosting plans, high performance servers and constant customer support.
Looking to help the environment? GreenGeeks may be for you.
WordPress Expert Review
We have been very pleased with GreenGeeks. The servers have been fast and reliable. Technical support is responsive and easy to reach.
Our sites on GreenGeeks do not require much maintenance and they just continue to work Periodically we get emails about network upgrades and happenings, such as a new Facebook page. On two separate occasions we needed to call and they answered the phone right away. The questions could have been handled via email or chat but we wanted to tryout the phone support. They did a good job helping us out.
The prices remain competitive even though they are spending additional money to purchase green energy. The plans can be as low as $4.95/month with a 3 year commitment, while the two year plans cost $6.95/month. 3 years is a pretty long commitment but you do get a pretty significant savings. We opted for the two year sign up. The choice of contract length is up to you and really will depend on your situation.
We have not tried out the reseller service but we do know that they offer 5 plans ranging from $20/month to $100/month. Would love to hear from someone who has experience with the GreenGeeks reseller plans.
If you are looking for Green Hosting GreenGeeks is worth checking out. While other providers offer Green plans GreenGeeks has dedicated themselves to Green Energy and is one of the best at it.
GreenGeeks Features & Detailed Information:
There are two kinds of web hosting plans offered by GreenGeeks. These are listed below:
Eco Site Hosting (Shared Hosting):
Starting at $6.95 per month, this plan includes unlimited disk space, domains, email accounts, bandwidth and MySQL databases. 24/7 support, backups, scripts support, free website builder and free site transfer are also provided.
If you are looking to set up one or several WordPress sites, the Eco Site plan is most likely for you.
This package includes various options for resellers, including:
- Seed Plan – Unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, 10 cPanel accounts, free website builder, free billing system and free cPanel migration at a price of $19.95 per month.
- Sprout Plan - Unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, 25 cPanel accounts, free website builder, free billing system and free cPanel migration at a price of $24.95 per month.
- Planet Plan - Unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, 50 cPanel accounts, free website builder, free billing system and free cPanel migration at a price of $39.95 per month.
- Tree Plan - Unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, 100 cPanel accounts, free website builder, free billing system and free cPanel migration at a price of $59.95 per month.
- Forest Plan - Unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, 250 cPanel accounts, free website builder, free billing system and free cPanel migration at a price of $99.95 per month.
GreenGeeks WordPress & Technical Features
GreenGeeks uses renewable sources of energy for power generation and management of its servers.
Its hosting plans provide technical features like site builder, nightly backups, 99.9% uptime guarantee, free instant setup, 30 day money back guarantee, web templates, support for all major programming scripts, easy-to-use control panel and web statistics.
Along with ecommerce features, GreenGeeks also offers one click installation for WordPress. These tools are provided in the control panel.
- Phone Support: Yes (24hrs/day)
- Email Support: Yes (24hr/day)
- Support Ticket System: Yes
- Live Support Chat: Yes (24hrs/day)
- Support Forums: Yes
- FAQ & Knowledge base: Yes
- Tutorials : Yes
Timely assistance is available for customers through various mediums.
Visit GreenGeeks: http://www.greengeeks.com
Impressive eco hosting
Big let down
I switched to greengeeks.com for Environmental reasons. Never have I been so let down.
-Initially, They assume you are a level 3 programmer.
-My Site was constantly down on their number 4 server. They blamed by site.
-I had constant time outs, they blamed by site.
-My site was overloaded they blamed my site.
-My site was slow, they blamed by site.
I did some research and found that their crappy No.4 server was the problem. They changed me to no.10 and it was 10 times faster…
Though now I cannot receive any email. I sent them my mail passwords to fix my mail and then no answer… I waited and NOTHING. I contacted Sales, Support even TREY the CEO with no Balls and NOTHING. I sent from GMAIL and NOTHING.
I concluded that they must have read my email with an offer from BLUE HOST. this company is pure Green Trash. AVOID at all cost…
greengeeks.com = Expensive, KGB Support, Bad Service and a lot of Down Time…
Great for wordpress
Installation of wordpress through their fantastico script was a cinch. Very powerful servers and excellent staff. If you’re looking for a good wordpress hosting provider, these guys are it!
We have been very pleased with GreenGeeks so far. The set up was easy and tech support has been very helpful.
It took a lot of research (maybe more than I needed to) but I decided to go with greengeeks and happy with the decision.