In their latest blog post, WP Engine announced that they now have WordPress datacenters in London, UK and Tokyo, Japan. These new datacenters increase speeds to people closer to those areas of the world. The second part of the announcement is that they will let any WP Engine customers move their website to those servers for free.
According to their post they expect the following features to improve their service.
- Reduced latency for domestic visitors because the closer the server is to the site visitor, the faster the site can load.
- British and European Union, as well as Asian legal jurisdiction.
- Compliance of the EU Data Protective Directive on exporting personal data outside of the EU.
They also have a way for new customers to be able to take advantage of this new development. Here is what they said, “To celebrate we’re offering new customers who sign up before July 31st 2012 with coupon code “euasialaunch” free migration* from their existing host. That’s in addition to our industry-leading 60 day money-back guarantee!”
If you’re not familiar with WP Engine, they offer Managed WordPress Hosting. This means that their servers are optimized for WordPress and they only run sites with WordPress. It’s beneficial to people who are tired of slow servers and who run into database issues with their WordPress site. Since they specialize in WordPress their technicians are able to solve problems related to WordPress and help you keep your site healthy and safe.
- Source: Going Global: Bringing the power of WP Engine to EU and Asia
- Interview with WP Engine Co-Founder and CEO, Jason Cohen
David writes for a couple different websites that work with hosting and consumer reviews. He brings real-world application to harder to understand concepts in order to help people learn about specific subject matter. He also knows HTML, CSS and PHP to help out with building and configuring sites.